Sign up for a Self-Guided Tour!
**Self-Guided Tours are 45 minutes long and a maximum of 6 people will be allowed for each tour, which starts on the hour.**
In an effort to help contain the spread of the Coronavirus, the Haan Museum of Indiana Art temporarily closed its doors in March. Our Sculpture Garden and Nature Trail continued to remain open from dawn to dusk and, as always, are free to the public.
We officially re-opened to the public on August 1st. Tours are available on limited dates and times, in advance online, with only a specific number of people per tour in order to maintain social distancing, keep up with cleaning schedules, and much more. We can’t wait for the opportunity to see everyone again. During our planning, we have always had this primary goal in mind: how do we open up the Museum to the public and create the SAFEST environment for our visitors, volunteers, and staff?
The truth is, the answer is multi-faceted. We are continuously thinking of everything that we can do to keep all who enter the Museum as safe and healthy as possible. Take a look at some of our health and safety procedures below.
THINGS WE ARE DOING FOR COVID-19:
- Museum entry (dates and times) are limited.
- We have limited the number of guests in the Museum at any given time.
- We require that all visitors, staff, and volunteers wear masks.
- We are honoring 6-feet social distancing.
- Staff and volunteers are given health screenings before each work shift.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the Museum.
- A strict cleaning and disinfecting schedule is followed before and after each tour.
- Routine and timely cleaning of the restrooms is performed.
- If anyone is feeling sick we ask that they stay home and follow-up with their health care provider. Anyone feeling sick will not be allowed inside the Museum.
- Tours have a maximum capacity of 6 people per tour.
- Tours are 45 minutes long and start on the hour.
- Reservations can only be made online at this time.
- You may register up to 24 hours in advance of the scheduled tour. No changes can be made within 24 hours of your scheduled tour.
- Each household must register separately, for tracing purposes, even if you’re coming for the same tour.
- Please wait in your vehicle with confirmation of your purchase (printed or on your phone) and call the Museum first (at 765-742-6449) before entering the building when you arrive for your tour. Otherwise, please wait at the front entrance.
- We ask that all visitors leave any extra belongings in their vehicles. Coats will need to be carried during the tour.
Please know we sincerely miss interacting with our visitors and volunteers, but we also want to do this the right way. We are following guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, State and local officials in order to re-open and remain open safely. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we all adapt to these changes!
If you would like to become a member, please click the button below!